How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
There are a number of effective methods on how to get rid of skin tags permanently. Skin tags are harmless growths that can appear anywhere on the body. They are mostly harmless, but it is better to consult a doctor to make sure that it is not a cancerous growth. The problem about skin tags is that they may cause irritation or they may bleed if they get rubbed accidentally.
Another problem is that if they appear on an exposed area, especially your face, they may affect your looks. They may look ugly and will make you self conscious. You may feel reluctant to step down from your home, go to work, to attend parties and to meet others.
How to get rid of skin tags is the major problem faced by many. The good news to all of them is that skin tags can be removed easily. You can have it removed by a dermatologist if you don’t mind waiting to get an appointment and waiting for hours. There are many oils and creams that can be applied topically on the skin tag.
The safest and cheapest way is to make use of the ingredients available in your home. They are harmless with no side effects, but are effective. This is absolutely painless. There is another added benefit. Natural remedies leave no scars.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of skin tags naturally:
1. Applying finger nail polish on the tag is one of the home remedies. Just apply it twice a day and leave it till it dries off. You will find that the tag shrinks away in a few days.
2. Rubbing crushed garlic or garlic juice on the skin tag is an effective home remedy and it leaves no scars.
3. Onion is also as good as garlic. Chopped raw onion or onion juice is one of the best remedies for removal of skin tags.
4. Baking soda mixed with castor oil has been used for many years. Leave it overnight and wash in the morning. If you don’t want the paste to fall off in the night, you can cover it with a small band aid.
5. Applying Vitamin E oil not only removes skin tags, but also improves the texture of your skin.
6. Dabbing a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar also helps. It has been proved that apple cider vinegar kills the tags and makes the skin tag wither off in two days.
7. Ground potato and cauliflower can also be rubbed on the tag. They help in decomposing the skin tag.
8. You can also rub tea tree oil. (Whatever you rub over the tag, make sure you apply it gently and in a circular motion).
The above mentioned tips on how to get rid of skin tags will not help in getting rid of skin tags immediately. If you want it removed at once, there is one home remedy. There are some skin infections like warts that cannot be cut off, but skin tags can be cut off. You can do it by yourself. Tie a thread around the tag and cut it off with a scissors on the thread. It can be a bit painful. If you are reluctant to cut it off, you can tie a thread around the tag and leave it. The blood supply to the tag is cut off and the tag will wither, but you have to wait for a day or two if you follow this method.
There are many chemical methods on how to get rid of skin tags but the above remedies are natural and safe in most circumstances. It is better to avoid home remedies if the skin tag appears in sensitive areas like genitals or above the eyes.